APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED
The Charity Impact Awards aim to recognise high impact charity organisations that contribute significantly back to society. This is your opportunity to tell us your story. Let us know how you have solved social and environmental problems and made a real difference!
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. Sponsor: This Charity Impact Awards 2017 Contest (“Contest”) is sponsored by Buy1GIVE1 Pte. Ltd. (Reg: 200703109E, Singapore), 3 Fusionopolis Place #04-50, Galaxis Work Lofts, Singapore 138523 (“Sponsor” or “B1G1”).
2. Binding Agreement: By participating in the Contest, each “Entrant” (defined as a charitable entity that submits a valid official entry into the Contest) fully and unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Contest Rules and to accept all decisions of the Sponsor, which shall be final and legally binding.
3. Contest Period: The Contest begins at 10:00 Singapore Standard Time on 14 August 2017, and ends at 23:59 SST on 21 September 2017 (the “Contest Period”). All official entries must be received by the Sponsor during the Contest Period. The Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for this Contest.
4. Eligibility: This Contest is open to any organization which:
- Holds a valid registration as a charity in any country, which documentation shall be submitted with the organization’s entry and shall include, if the registration is not in the English language, a complete and accurate translation of the registration in English. The decision of the Judging Panel as to the validity of any charity registration shall be final and binding;
- Can document that they provide charitable benefits to at least 100 individuals per year; and
- Can document that at least 60% of their annual funding is expended on program costs, rather than administration or fundraising.
An Entrant organization may submit only one entry, but may designate up to two SDG Categories (see section 5, below) in which its entry should be considered. Organizations that are currently-approved B1G1 Worthy Causes (see https://b1g1.com/view-all-project) or were previously approved B1G1 Worthy Causes are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
5. How to Enter: To enter, a charitable organization must take the following steps:
- Go to https://www.b1g1.com/awards-registration and click to acknowledge that the Official Rules for this Contest has been read and accepted;
- Complete the online Entry Form;
- Identify no more than two major Sustainable Development Goal (“SDG”) Categories under which the organization’s entry is to be judged, selecting from among the following 5 categories:
SDG 4: Quality Education
SDG 3: Ensuring Good Health and Well-Being
SDG 6: Clean Water and Sanitation
SDG 1: No Poverty
SDG 2: Zero Hunger
- Human Rights & Capacity Building
SDG 5: Gender Equality
SDG 8: Decent Work and Economic Growth
SDG 9: Industry, Innovation and Infrastructure
SDG 10: Reduced Inequalities
SDG 11: Sustainable Cities and Communities
SDG 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions
- Environment & Wildlife Conservation
SDG 7: Affordable and Clean Energy
SDG 12: Responsible Consumption and Production
SDG 13: Climate Action
SDG 14: Life Below Water
SDG 15: Life on Land
- Attach an electronic copy of the Entrant’s most recent Annual Report;
- Attach an electronic copy of financial reports covering the two most recent fiscal years of the Entrant’s operation;
- Complete the statement which certifies, on behalf of the Entrant, that all of the information provided by or about the organization is truthful and complete. The Screening Committee and the Judging Panel (see section 7, below) reserve the right to request that the Entrant submit additional, clarifying information with respect to its entry and its description of its programs.
By entering the Contest, the Entrant agrees to take part in communications about the awards, which include email, phone calls, and other methods deemed appropriate by the Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, illegible, incomplete, stolen, or misdirected entries, whether due to computer or electronic malfunction or to other error, and all such entries shall be deemed void and be disqualified by the Screening Committee. The Screening Committee or the Judging Panel may also, in their sole and absolute discretion, disqualify any entry which they conclude fails in any other way to comply with these Official Rules.
6. Judging Criteria: Entries will be judged based on these three criteria:
- Impact (40%): Entries must describe the organization’s social objectives, and must demonstrate that its program(s) have impactful measures in place, with effective use of funding and resources to create significant social impact.
- Sustainability (40%): Entries must demonstrate that the organization has concrete plans, that its projects are continuous and sustainable, and that it has performed evaluations of its methods and, if appropriate, has plans to improve its work over time.
- Communication (20%): Entries must highlight effective communication by the organization, so that volunteers, staff, donors and beneficiaries can understand and track the progress of the group’s activities, ideally through multiple communication platforms.
7. Winner Selection: Judging of entries will occur in two stages. A Screening Committee, comprised of the Sponsor’s Organizing Committee, will initially score each entry based on the above criteria. Organizations entering in two SDG Categories will be scored separately for each category. The Screening Committee will refer the three top-scoring entries in each category to the Judging Panel for their consideration. The Judging Panel will be composed of five individuals as determined by the Organizing Committee. After reviewing the submissions of the three top-scoring entries in each category, these individuals will select one winner for each of the five categories. No Entrant organization will be selected as the winner in more than one SDG Category. Decisions of the Screening Committee and the Judging Panel are final and binding on all parties.
8. Prizes: Each of the five winning organizations will receive a Prize consisting of: USD$1,000 cash prize and business consulting service. Winners will be contacted by email with instructions on how to accept the Prize. A Prize may not be substituted, transferred or redeemed for cash except at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. In case of Prize unavailability, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Prize winners are solely responsible for the payment of all taxes and fees arising out of the award of a Prize and its use.
9. Acceptance of Prize/Release: Winner must contact Buy1GIVE1 indicating acceptance or rejection of the Prize, as instructed in the email announcing the award, within 10 business days of the email’s send date. Failure to respond, or return of any Prize notification as undelivered, may result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner by the Judging Panel. To complete its acceptance of the Prize, each winner must complete and return, within 10 business days of the email’s send date, a signed Affirmation of Eligibility & Liability. Publicity Release form authorizing Buy1GIVE1 and its affiliates and agencies to publicize the Contest and the Prize, and to conduct media interviews and promotional events of all kinds without any additional compensation, attribution, notification or permission. Failure to submit the completed Liability and Publicity Release Form within this 10 business day period will result in disqualification and selection of an alternate winner by the Judging Panel.
10. General Terms and Conditions: By participating in this Contest, each Entrant agrees, on behalf of itself, its parent, subsidiary and affiliate organizations, and all of their officers, directors, representatives, agents and licensees, together with the heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns of each of the foregoing: (a) to release and hold harmless Buy1GIVE1 Pte. Ltd and B1G1 Giving Society, each of their respective past and present employees, officers, directors, representatives, agents, licensees, subsidiaries, parent companies, affiliates, shareholders, owners and members and all other individuals or entities involved in the administration, advertisement or promotion of this Contest and/or the award and delivery of any Prize (individually and collectively, the “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from such Entrant’s participation in this Contest and/or such Entrant’s claim, possession, use or misuse of a Prize (or any part thereof); and (b) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in this Contest itself, and to be bound by all decisions of Sponsor, which are binding and final in all respects. Released Parties are not responsible for, and each Entrant hereby releases the Released Parties from, any claims arising from: (i) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (ii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or Internet service; (iii) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry or judging process or this Contest; (iv) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of this Contest, processing of entries and/or judging; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property, including but not limited to Entrant’s computer, hardware or software, which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in this Contest; and/or (vi) use or misuse of a Prize (or any part thereof). Failure to comply with these Official Rules will result in disqualification from this Contest at Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Official Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Sponsor is not responsible for any electronic or typographical error in the printing, advertisement or reproduction of these Official Rules or in any Contest-related materials, including in print or online, administration of this Contest or in the depiction or announcement of a Prize (or any part thereof).
11. Force Majeure: B1G1 reserves the right to modify, extend, suspend, or terminate this Contest if it determines, in its sole discretion, that the Contest is technically impaired or corrupted or that fraud or technical problems, failures or malfunctions or other causes beyond the control of B1G1 have to any degree impaired the integrity, administration, security, proper play and/or feasibility of this Contest as contemplated herein. In the event an insufficient number of eligible entries is received and/or B1G1 is prevented from completing this Contest as contemplated herein by any event beyond its control, including but not limited to fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health or other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any law, order, or regulation of a governmental body, public health crisis (e.g., SARS), order of any court, or other cause not reasonably within the control of B1G1 (each a “Force Majeure” event or occurrence), then B1G1 shall have the right to modify, suspend or terminate this Contest. If this Contest is terminated before the designated end date, B1G1 will (if possible) select a Winner based on criteria set forth in these Official Rules from all eligible, non-suspect entries received as of the date of the Force Majeure event giving rise to the termination, which shall be each Entrant’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances.
12. Governing Law/Disputes: Except where prohibited by law or regulation, each Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any Prize awarded hereunder shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate courts of the Republic of Singapore; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event attorneys’ or fees other legal fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and B1G1 in connection with this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Republic of Singapore without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Republic of Singapore or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Republic of Singapore.
13. Winner’s List: For a list of the Prize winners, visit https://b1g1.com/awards, or call +65 6898 2446, or send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to Buy1GIVE1 Pte. Ltd., 3 Fusionopolis Place #04-50, Galaxis Work Lofts, Singapore 138523.