The purpose-driven business series features a different Business for Good every Thursday to showcase their unique giving stories. We hope these stories inspire you with interesting, new and joyful ideas on how to integrate giving into your business.
What do tattoos and giving have in common? They’re both things that this next business is passionate about. Which goes to show that any type of business can be involved with giving back, whether you sell shoes, accounting services, or help people create lifetime memories through tattoos.
Who: Marc Pinto from Primitive Tattoo
Where: Perth, Australia
What: We create lifetime memories through tattoos.
Can you give us a sense of why you decided to start giving?
I feel we need to share and assist people in need where possible.
What are your favourite project(s) to give to and why?
Water and Food mainly. The essence of daily life.
How would you describe the impact B1G1 has had on your company and its culture?
Huge impact and still growing. It made our team closer knowing the impact (we create).
What’s the best experience you’ve had through your giving activities and being a part of B1G1?
Feeling contented and being a part of B1G1 is awesome!
Does anybody in your team have an interesting Giving Story to tell?
Yes, our team participates in choosing where the funds are distributed. We used to give out gratitude cards, I must look into that again as its important for the clients to know it is happening. Some clients were surprised (to receive the gratitude cards)
What question would you wish that we’d asked and what would be your answer?
Can we buy one give two?
The answer is: We do try to have double impact donations marked in a yearly calendar for extra impact.
If you have an interesting Giving Story to share, write to us at [email protected] to be included in the next feature!
- Cheap Sheds: Give to a Man, Give to the World
- High Street Dental Practice: ‘Ubuntu’ means Kindness
- Karbon: Hurray for this Survey
- Amanda Fisher: We Can All be Quiet Heroes
- RJS Accounting: The Brightest Stars are Those That…
- 24HourWealthCoach: It’s About that Warm Fuzzy Feeling
- Lewis Ballard: How Far Would You Go to Give?
- Miessence: The Essence of Giving
- Collins Hume: The Eye-rony of Giving Sight
- Clear Vision Accountancy: They’ve ‘Goat’ their Purpose Right!