Simon Sinek has truly inspired us here at B1G1.
His insightful TEDx talk and his ‘Start with WHY’ book are of course classics. His TEDx talk is now the 3rd most watched TED talk of all time with close to 30 MILLION views. And for years now, we’ve been urging B1G1 Businesses (and anyone else who cares to listen) to engage and take action on what Simon says.
If you do not have the time to watch the video, just consider some of these quotes to understand the keys to Simon’s insights:
- “The goal is not to do business with everyone who needs what you have; it’s to do business with those who believe what you believe.”
- “The goal is not to do hire people who need a job; it’s to hire people who believe what you believe.”
- “When we communicate from the outside in: people can understand vast amounts of information, but it doesn’t drive decision-making.”
- “When you talk about what you believe then you will attract those who believe what you believe.”
- “People don’t buy what you do – they buy WHY you do what you do, they buy what you stand for.”
You get the drift I’m sure. But watch the TEDx talk and get the book to REALLY get it. And to help you, we’ve located a rare interview I did with Simon. It’s a great piece in which we cover off so many things.
- Why he speaks to the top military people in the US
- Why ‘WHY’ is so crucial in everything
- How he found his WHY
- How to find yours
- Why Simon has new-found respect for Microsoft
- His marvelous Red Hat analogy
- His own giving back
People who’ve listened already tell me it’s an inspiring interview that adds a lot to all the other resources. You can listen to the entire 28-minute interview right here (just be patient for it to stream):
As you’ll hear at the end of the interview, Simon says some great things about being a part of B1G1 too. And that leads me to our own ‘why’ here at B1G1.
What gets me up in the morning (our ‘why’ if you like) is this: Giving your business the power to change our lives.
If that sounds like a cool thing to share, come join us. I believe you’ll love it.