Interview with Simon Sinek
Simon Sinek has truly inspired us here at B1G1.
Just consider some of these quotes to understand the keys to Simon’s insights:
- “The goal is not to do business with everyone who needs what you have; it’s to do business with those who believe what you believe.”
- “The goal is not to do hire people who need a job; it’s to hire people who believe what you believe.”
- “When we communicate from the outside in: people can understand vast amounts of information, but it doesn’t drive decision-making.”
- “When you talk about what you believe then you will attract those who believe what you believe.”
- “People don’t buy what you do; they buy WHY you do what you do.”
- “People don’t buy what you do; they buy what you stand for.”
You get the drift I’m sure. But watch the TEDx talk and get the book to REALLY get it. And now there’s a new resource for you too — my interview this week with Simon. It’s a great piece in which we cover off so many things. Things like:
- Why he consults to the top military people in the US
- Why WHY is so crucial in everything
- How he found his WHY
- How you find yours
- Why Simon has new-found respect for Microsoft
- His marvelous Red Hat analogy
- His own giving back
People who've listened already tell me it’s an inspiring interview that adds a lot to all the other resources. You can listen to the entire 28-minute interview right here (just be patient for it to stream):
As you’ll hear at the end of the interview, Simon says some great things about being a part of B1G1 too. And that leads me to our own 'why' here at B1G1.
What gets me up in the morning (our ‘why’ if you like) is this: Giving your business the power to change our lives.
If that sounds like a cool thing to share, come join us. I believe you’ll love it.